We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act”) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in relation to the collection, management and disclosure of your Personal Information. For more information, visit www.oaic.gov.au.
What is your Personal Information?
“Personal Information” has the meaning given to it in the Act. Generally, it includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and occupation, and information about your dealings with us.
What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
Depending on the nature of our relationship with you, we may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Initial identification details: name, residential address and date of birth;
- Contact details: telephone, residential, mailing and email addresses;
- Demographics: date of birth, gender, age, purchase history, income, occupation, hobbies and interests;
- Confirmation of identity details: including driver’s licence number and passport details;
- Product and service information: details of the products and services you have purchased from our Related Bodies Corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), or which you have enquired about;
- Business partner details: where you are engaged by us as a business partner, the name of the business that you work for, your role within the business, and your contact details;
- Work details: where you are engaged by us as a service provider, contractor or agent, information about your performance;
- Job applicant details: where you apply for a job with us, information about you that will help us decide whether to offer you the job, including your job application or resume, and references;
- Financial information: including methods of payment you use, and credit reports we receive;
- Feedback: information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time;
- Health information: information we collect about you that we consider reasonably necessary to protect the health and safety of our premises and staff; and
- Analytics: information relating to you that you provide to us indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, including your IP addresses.
It would be unusual for us to need to collect all or even most of the above information from you. The information we will require will depend on the specific service(s) that we provide to you and/or the specific interactions we have with you.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
Direct collection: We collect your Personal Information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting Personal Information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations and communications between you and our representatives;
- when you access our premises;
- when you contact us for further information or register your details on our website;
- your participation in surveys and other types of research;
- when you supply goods or services to us;
- when you submit a job application or résumé, including from your referees, and publicly available information about you.
Cookies and web tracking: Greenlit Brands uses tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time it visits our site, and to track which pages you visit whilst on our site. We use this information to optimize our site and create a better online experience for you. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. If you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
Remarketing: Our website uses various software platforms and analytics programs, such as Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and the Google Display Network, to serve ads to you on other websites after you have visited our website. This practice is known as remarketing and is a tool that Google and other digital providers offer to businesses. If you would like to opt-out of receiving advertising like this from Google you can manage these settings by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
Third parties: We may also collect information from third parties such as credit reporting bodies, law enforcement agencies, and other government agencies.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information?
We retain Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or in some circumstances for longer periods where extended retention is required by law or regulation, and as necessary in order to defend our legal rights.
Greenlit Brands may use, collect and hold your information for its Business operations, including to:
- analyse our business, including for planning, marketing, research, recruiting and training purposes;
- administer our business, analyse trends, administer our website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information; and
- ensure the health and safety of our premises and staff, which may involve us collecting your health related information.
Greenlit Brands may also use, collect and hold your information:
- when preventing fraud and other criminal activities;
- when recruiting staff and engaging with contractors; and
- for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- Related Bodies Corporate.
- Service providers: including, without limitation, technology service providers for services such as application and systems, cloud computing facilities, development and technical support, processing, storing, hosting, research and data analysis, payment protection providers, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, network administrators, debt collectors, third party product repairers, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
- Partners: including, without limitation, organisations we partner with for promotions or for distribution, and other organisations we think you would like to receive further information from.
- Law enforcement: to any person, regulatory body or government agency in order to comply with any law.
- Purchasers of our business: if we sell some or all of our business to a third party, we will disclose all of your information to the new owner(s) in the process of undertaking that transaction or transactions.
We seek to protect your privacy when we send Personal Information overseas. This includes satisfying ourselves that the overseas recipient either will not breach the Australian Privacy Principles or is subject to a similar binding obligation which you can enforce. Entities located outside of Australia to whom we may disclose your Personal Information include, without limitation, the following: our Related Bodies Corporate, located in United Kingdom, Europe, Asia and South Africa; and our data hosting and other IT and CRM service providers, located in the United States, Brazil, Canada, Europe, New Zealand, United Kingdom and Asia.
Access and correction
You may request access to any Personal Information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may ask you to pay our reasonable costs to give you access to your Personal Information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the Personal Information stating you disagree with it.
Third-party web sites
Links to third party web sites on www.greenlitbrands.com.au are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave Greenlit Brand’s site. Greenlit Brands is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your Personal Information.
Greenlit Brands is committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and uses industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is protected from loss, misuse, unauthorised modification or disclosure. Some of the steps we take to protect your information include:
- utilising security restrictions on access to our systems such as passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software;
- external and internal premises security.
Complaints or questions
If you have any questions about this Policy, any concerns or a complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy or a possible breach of your privacy, please use the contact link on our website or contact our Privacy Officer using the details set out below.
Privacy Officer contact details:
Greenlit Brands Pty Limited
All complaints received will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response generally provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and advise you of this.
For information about privacy generally, you may visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Express consent to collection, storage, use and disclosure
Definitions and Changes
In this policy “Greenlit Brands”, “we”, “us” and “our”, etc means Greenlit Brands Pty Limited ACN 612 890 874 and Greenlit Brands Household Goods Pty Limited ACN 105 828 957.
Version December 2021